"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food."

~Hippocrates~

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HOPING THINGS GO SMOOTHIE THIS WEEK



Yesterday day I started a quest to drink more green smoothies. My plan is to eat/drink only green smoothies all day until dinner. So what is a green smoothie? The big secret behind the green smoothie is that we (as in the partakers) are trying to consume as many green leafy plants as possible in a day, by masking the taste and bulk of them with fruit! I've learned a few good variations on the basic recipe, but my favorite goes like this...

4 cups fresh squeezed orange/pineapple juice (not pastuerized)
1 whole bunch greens of choice (spinach, kale, dandelion, lambsquarter, etc.)
1 ripe banana
handful of frozen berries

I place all ingredients in my Vitamix blender and blend till I get smooth-ie. Then enjoy!



For an absolutely amazing explanation of why leafy greens are beneficial to great health, I highly recommend reading Green For Life by Victoria Boutenko.

For a condensed video version of how beneficial greens are, and on how to make your own green smoothie click here.

No comments: